We are Looking For Antiques and we operate an online marketplace on which antiques can be advertised, bought and sold. Looking For Antiques does not own anything that is sold on the website and acts solely as a platform via which those selling antiques can advertise their products to potential buyers.
As a result of the above, the contract for the sale and purchase of the goods is made between the buyer and the seller of the item(s) in question, and Looking For Antiques is not a party to it. The contractual terms below outline how the seller will supply the goods you have purchased, and Looking For Antiques’ role and obligations in respect of this process.
For the sake of clarity, Looking For Antiques is not an auction house, nor is it a commercial agent as envisaged and defined in the Commercial Agents Regulations 1993.
- These terms
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, whether these are products, services or digital content.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
- Information about us and how to contact us
- Who we are. We are Looking For Antiques Limited a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 10719014 and our address is 1 White Lion Walk, Banbury, Oxford, OX16 5UD.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 01865 522365 or by writing to us at [email protected]
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- "Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
- Our Role
- We act as an agent via which sellers promote their products on our website. None of the products that appear on our website are owned by, or in the control of, Looking For Antiques and we will not be supplying any products to you.
- When you purchase anything via our website you will be entering into a contract with the seller of the item (whose identity will be made clear to you) who will supply the purchased item to you. YOU WILL NOT BE ENTERING INTO A CONTRACT WITH LOOKING FOR ANTIQUES.
- In accordance with the terms below, we will take payment from you on behalf of the seller and will also assist the parties in managing the process, including handling the situation should you wish to return you purchase to the seller.
- The contract with you
- How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order for an item listed on our website will take place when we email you to confirm it has been accepted, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and the seller.
- If we or the seller cannot accept your order. If we, or the seller, are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product.
- Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- Our Listings
- It is the Seller’s responsibility to accurately list the product. The listings on our website are created by our sellers. Whilst we do make efforts to ensure they are accurate and of suitable quality and detail, we cannot make any guarantees in this regard. If you have any questions at all regarding the product in a listing please contact the seller using the messenger service on our website.
- If you have concerns about a seller or a listing. If you have reason to believe a seller is acting inappropriately or is fraudulent, or you have concerns regarding a listing and its authenticity please contact us providing us with as much detail as possible regarding your concerns. We will investigate and report back to you with our findings.
- Listed Products
- Given the nature of the products listed on our website you recognise that many are unique, or very rare, and will often be in a condition that reflects their age and history. We expect our sellers to outline all material information regarding the condition of a product in a listing, including any damage and wear and tear, but in buying products via our website you understand that they are unlikely to be in perfect condition and cannot be altered.
- Delivering the products
- Delivery costs. When purchasing an antique with Looking For Antiques, you can arrange your own delivery, pick it up yourself, or use our convenient integrated shipping tool. We've partnered with one of the UK's best specialist antique couriers - Pack & Send - to bring you integrated, reliable and secure delivery options.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control or caused by the seller. If the supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control, or as a result of the actions of the seller, then we, or the seller, will contact you as soon as possible to let you know. If there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- Collection by you. If you have arranged to collect the products from the seller, you can collect them from the seller at the time and location agreed between you.
- When you become responsible for the products. The product will be your responsibility from the time it is delivered to the address you gave to the seller, or, you collect it from the seller.
- When you own products. You own the product once we have received payment in full.
- Your rights to return the products when you’re buying as s consumer
- Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Rights Act 2015). For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days of the date you receive the product and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
If you want to return something you’ve bought
- Tell us you want to return your purchase. Please let us know by doing one of the following:
(a)Phone or email.
Call customer services on 01865 522365 or email us at [email protected]
Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
(b)Online. Complete the “Return” form on our website.
(c)By post. Simply write to us at 1 White Lion Walk, Banbury, Oxford, OX16 5UD, including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address.
- PLEASE REMEMBER, UNLESS THE PRODUCTS ARE FAULTY OR NOT AS DESCRIBED, YOUR RIGHT TO CHANGE YOUR MIND AND RETURN THE PRODUCTS AT NO COST ENDS 14 DAYS AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN DELIVERED TO YOU. IF YOU ATTEMPT TO CHANGE YOUR MIND AFTER THIS DATE YOU MAY BE CHARGED FOR DOING SO OR THE SELLER MAY REJECT YOUR REQUEST.
- Returning your products after telling us you no longer want them. If you decide you no longer want the product, for any reason after products have been dispatched to you, or you have received them, you must arrange for their return to the seller. You must either return the products in person to where you bought them, post them back to the seller at the address they give you, or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow the seller to collect them from you. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the products within 14 days of telling us and the seller you wish to end the contract.
- Do not return anything to us. We must emphasise that under no circumstances will we accept the return of any goods directly to us. Due to the absence of any contractual responsibility, Looking For Antiques is unable to accept any goods that any buyer wishes to return. Any product to be returned must be returned to the SELLER and NOT to us.
- When the seller will pay the costs of return. The seller will pay the costs of return:
(a)if the products supplied are faulty or misdescribed; or
(a)f you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
In all other circumstances you must pay the costs of return.
- How you will be refunded. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
(a)We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the products, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the products and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
(b) The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method offered by the seller. For example, if the seller offers delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then you will only be refunded what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which the seller confirms to us that it has received the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to the seller.
- If there is a problem with the product when you’re a consumer
- What to do if there is a problem or you have any questions. If you have any questions or complaints about what you have bought, please contact the seller in the first instance. They will do their best to resolve the issue. If, following your contact with the seller, you are not satisfied with the outcome or solution proposed by the seller, please contact us and we will liaise with you and the seller regarding the issue.
- Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must either return them in person to where you bought them, post them back to the seller or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow the seller to collect them from you. The seller will pay the costs of postage or collection in this situation.
- Your rights to return the product when you’ve bought as a business
- If you’ve bought the products in the course of your business, you have no legal right to return the products. Of course, the seller must still supply products that are of satisfactory quality but if you have any concerns or issues with the products you have received you must take this up with the seller. Any refunds issued will be issued directly by the seller. We will assist you in such discussions, if needed.
- Price and payment
- Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment using Mastercard, Visa, American Express or Discover. You must pay for the products before they will be despatched to you. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we have received confirmation from the seller that they will be selling the products to you.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products.
- How we may use your personal information
- How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
(b)to supply the products to you;
(b)to process your payment for the products; and
(b)if you agreed to this during the order process, to give you information about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
- We will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
- Other important terms
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else (except that you can always transfer our guarantee). You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to). This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.